To qualify for a full or partial refund, the parent of the participant must contact the sport's commissioner by filling out the form in the left hand menu of the specific sport page entitled "Parent Refund Request". A copy of the submission will be sent automatically to the VYI Treasurer and the league commissioner.
The SPORT'S COMMISSIONER MUST approve all refunds before a check can be mailed. They do this ONLY by submitting a "Commissioner Refund Request" form, which is password protected.
If, after submitting the "Parent Refund Request" form, you do not receive a response within 5 business days, please be sure the sport commissioner has received your request.
Refunds are granted within the guidelines and time frames listed below.
1. Refunds are not provided to players on County or Select teams once team formation takes place.
2. Prior to the dates below, roughly coinciding with the first league scheduled practice, or other significant date for the sport.....a refund check for the full amount paid, less any processing fees, non-VYI fees or VYI purchases directly related to the individual registered. Costs deducted may include County fees, VYI fees, or specific uniform or equipment fees committed to by VYI on registration.
Full Refund Cutoff Dates (Minus any fees)
- Track & Field - April 1
- Cross Country - September 1
3. The following sports provide a 50% refund of registration fees, minus any processing fees and/or incurred costs, if the request is received after the date above but prior to the date listed. If your sport is NOT listed below, then there is no refund after the date listed in the prior section.
50% Refund Cutoff Dates
- Track & Field - May 1
- Cross Country - October 1
4. No refunds will be issued when requests are made after the dates listed under sections 2 and 3.
5. Refund amounts and guidelines are determined by the sport's commissioner. Due to varying levels of costs, advance purchasing requirements for equipment and uniforms, fees paid to governing bodies (NVLL, FCYFL, etc.), and the overall organizational costs of realigning teams, each sport determines the impact of withdrawal from the program and sets refund amounts and dates accordingly.
6. Refunds are NOT provided because families cannot, or will not, accommodate their schedules to VYI practice or game times and refunds are not provided because the league will not accommodate a specific coach/team request or car pool request, except within the dates and for the amounts shown in the guidelines above. In addition, injuries are a part of all sports at any level and are not generally considered as a reason for a refund, except within the dates and for the amounts shown in the guidelines above.
7. For any sport that loans or rents equipment to the participant, no refund will be issued until said equipment has been verified as returned.
8. VYI reserves the right to change this policy at any time and to deny or approve a refund for any reason. We strive for consistency and fairness and will evaluate every request objectively. However, there may be circumstances, that VYI did not foresee when forming this refund policy, that may require us to deny or approve a particular refund request or to change the refund policy.
9. VYI will make every attempt to be consistent across this website. If there is an inconsistency between this policy and a policy listed on a particular sport's site, the commissioner for that sport will have the final determination as to which policy takes precedence. If you find an inconsistency, whether related to this policy or other web content, please report it to